Isn’t it amazing to look back in time and read some of our writings from the past?
I blogged at MSN Spaces in 2005 and that blog is still hanging out on technorati. Unlike in the past when I used to start a blog on blogger or WordPress.com and delete it after a few months of blogging, I never deleted this one. And even though the blog is essentially dead for two years, and only had one fan for most of its life, ever since I started Interesting Observations, more people have added it to their favorites, and continue to do so!
So today seeing that another one of my fans had added this blog to their favorites, I thought of bringing one of the articles I wrote in August of 2005 alive on this blog! Notice the month of August bringing on the similar disenchantment!! That is because this month was the hardest on our family!
So, here is that article!
Reading informative sites – to get inspired, to learn what others have to say about similar issues I might be struggling with – may they be relationships, my own analyses about different life situations – puts perspectives in order (sometimes), and this morning I read an article written by Steven J. Rosen where he presents striking parallels between Bhagvad-Gita and Star-Wars ; really neat perspective he has given there..
And like so many of us struggling on a daily basis with different issues, I am struggling too! One that’s been the most difficult for me and I continue to try to attain is the emotional detachment, a state where I am completely unaffected by ‘letting go’….. letting go of everything I fear to lose!!
I really love this conversation between Yoda and Anakin regarding this very concept!
Yoda: Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
Anakin Skywalker: I won’t let these visions come true, Master Yoda.
Yoda: Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. [very powerful]
Anakin Skywalker: What must I do, Master Yoda?
Yoda: Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.
Action without expecting results – has been emphasized in Gita – the famous Hindu epic! This is a beautiful concept but we never stop and really try to understand its meaning and contemplate what wonder it can bring to our lives if and only if we tried to live by it…..
Here are some of Yoda’s quotes that I often read to bring my ever so scattered mind to some level of restful state:
- “Do or do not… there is no try.”
- “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”
- “Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”
- “You will find only what you bring in.”
- “[Luke:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”
- “Yes. a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression: the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will”
- “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force. and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you: here. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”
- “Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.”
- “The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.”
- “Happens to every guy sometimes this does”
- “Feel the force!”May the Force be with you”