Last year when I started participating in the carnival of healing, I was going through myriad of emotions and was very angry at the helplessness that I felt after my dad suddenly passed away. He was in very good health except a headache that lasted for a week and wouldn’t go away. He had walked a couple of miles the day he was taken to the ER. In the hospital, everything happened so fast, the doctors could not keep pace with his deteriorating health from some infection he had caught in the hospital. We were devastated. I cannot believe it’s already been a year since then. Throughout his stay in the hospital he stayed very optimistic, as he always was and rather gave us strength.
I had seen people dying before but this was different. This was very different as I loved (and still do) my dad more than anyone else in the world. I felt closer to my dad than to my mother or siblings. I felt he understood me and my feelings more than anyone else could. So, this year has been the most difficult time in all of my life but I have to say that even so, as time passes, as most of you told me at the time, it has become easier as I try to understand life and death cycle and come to accept it.
Our mom, however week she is right now, is mentally and spiritually very strong. She has seen us all break down at times and one day she told us that now we should be paying more attention to the ones that are living, than to the one that has moved on the next phase of his journey. It sounded harsh at the time, but it makes a lot of sense. Pay attention to your life and the lives of those you love. And that is what the Carnival of Healing is all about too. It has information on how to improve the quality of your life.
There are already a lot of great articles submitted to this carnival each week, but I also asked some of my friends who I thought could write on the subject or already do write on healing. I met Sid Savara via Stumble Upon whose blog is not about ‘healing’ or ‘personal empowerment’ but he was kind enough to point me to one of his posts on inspirational quotes and the very first one is a gem. I repeat that quote here:
“Life is but a brief moment. The years go by quickly and old age arrives suddenly before we have an inkling. People desire so many things and waste their days in vain. Some yearn for gold, others for power, yet others for glory and a higher station. But when death’s moment nears and they look back at their lives they’ve lived, they realize they’ve been happy only during those moments when they’ve loved.”
- Samir doesn’t write on holistic healing either, but was kind enough to write about what Holistic Health actually means in A Better Definition Of Holistic Health on his blog
- Jenny’s blog is all about and this article on , gives a good perspective.
There have been a lot of good articles that I tried to break down in different segments as healing entails all aspects of life: Physical, Emotional as well as Spiritual. Take a look.
Emotional and Spiritual
- Akemi presents Spiritual Self Protection And Clearing posted at Yes to Me .
- Burak Bilgin presents Clear Your Mind posted at Distiller’s Corner .
- Michael Miles presents Let your subconscious do the work posted at Effortless Abundance .
- Daylle Deanna Schwartz presents Law of Attraction in Action: “I’m Fine!” posted at Lessons from a Recovering DoorMat .
- Ross “Tolemac” Cotton presents Law of Attraction Methods and Techniques: Part 1 posted at Tolemac’s Metaphysical Blog .
- ITAKEOFFTHEMASK presents Balancing the Root Chakra for Health and Stability posted at itakeoffthemask.com .
- Robin shared The Journey, With Brandon Bays posted at Let’s Live Forever! . .
- Tristan presents Body And Fitness Blog . posted at
- Brad presents posted at .
- Martin Russell presents Phentermine For Weight Loss – My Story posted at Self Help Blog .
- Axel presents Jet-Like Motivation posted at axel g .
- Farid Mostamand presents Skin Beauty Blog posted at Anti-aging Skin care for body .
- Mike presents What Is Anti-Aging? posted at Daily Health Tips And Health Services .
- ananga presents Discover What Causes Fatigue and How You Can Stop It posted at Ananga’s Living by Design Blog .
- Health Tips 101 presents Summer Tea: Blackberry/ Raspberry Leaf Tea posted at Health Health Tips 101
Getting rid of addictions and disease
- Kalidasa presents Neck Pain: C5 The Most Common Cause And What You Can Do About It
posted at Natural Healing And Back Pain Relief .
- Peter Crump presents Can You Get Cancer From Drinking Chlorinated Water? posted at Which Is THE Best Drinking Water Filter? .
- Gina Loree Marks presents Blog/Home . posted at
- Alvin Hopkinson presents Signs of Diabetes – The 8 Signs to Watch Out For posted at How to Control Diabetes .
- Dean Moyer presents Back Pain and Massage Therapy posted at The Back Pain Blog .
- 00FF00 presents posted at .
- Alvaro Fernandez presents New Study Supports Neurofeedback Treatment for ADHD posted at SharpBrains: Your Window into the Brain Fitness Revolution .
- Brain Blogger presents Lithium as a Neuroprotectant? posted at Brain Blogger .
- ishanbansal presents How to Save Money on Prescription Drugs posted at Save Few Bucks .
- Roy Schwartz presents A Disease A Day . posted at
- Patricia Turner presents Top 50 Cancer Survival Inspiration Blogs posted at Radiology Technician Schools .
- NAOMI STEVENS presents PRINCE CHARLES LAUNCHES DUCHY HERBALS posted at Diary From England .
And here are some more interesting reads that indirectly impact the whole holistic concept and mindset.
- Chris Edgar presents Is There Such A Thing As “Boring” Work? posted at Purpose Power Coaching .
- Travis presents Crossing Cultural Boundaries | www.datinginislam.com posted at Dating In Islam.
- Yael Ernst presents Chinese Medicine Notes . posted at
- Online Wellness Association presents posted at .
Check out previous week’s carnival @ Create a Thriving Business
And if you are interested in participating, here is the upcoming schedule for the next few weeks:
- #182 – Mar 28 2009: hosted by Gina Loree Marks, Grace in Gravity
- #183 – April 04 2009: hosted by Clara Myers, Mind Mart
- #184 – April 11 2009: hosted by Ji Hyang, Natural Wisdom
- #185 – April 18 2009: hosted by Pearl, Interesting Observations
You can also familiarize yourself by reading more about Holistic Healing here