I have mentioned before that in the short time I have been blogging, I feel like I am addicted to it. I also work full time and the whole thing is really getting me tired. I am sure bloggers who have been blogging for longer periods of time would attest to some of the same experiences.
We all know blogging is fun but not easy. It is difficult work. And I confess, I am getting exhausted these days sitting in front of the computer for longer and longer hours. I am sacrificing some of those areas of my life that if not paid attention to now can end up hurting me, for example today at work, I didn’t even ‘find’ time to take lunch break because I was too busy taking care of a huge project! I have to get myself organized a bit better to straighten this chaos. As I have always done, I needed to take a step back today and look at some things that I needed to either start doing differently or just stop doing completely in order to achieve some balance and be able to enjoy all that I want to do. So I started brainstorming and came up with the following list. This list is just the start and I plan to continue adding to it as more and more ideas come to mind. I hope the items listed here will help some of you too.
- Don’t forget to take lunch break every day.
- Get away from the desk and the computer. Go out of the building, even if it is for 20 minutes!
- Do not schedule too many appointments in a single day, absolutely allow more time between appointments
- Delegate assignments to others depending on their capability
- Every day, do something I really enjoy, even if it is for half an hour
- Learn to say NO to extra projects, social gatherings and activities that I do not have time for and will not be able to commit to [does it make sense?]
- Try to get enough sleep [it is now 1 am and I need to stop doing this]
- Iron my work clothes at night.
- Do not procrastinate [this one is going to be very difficult]
- Write things down instead of trying to remember everything – I missed a doctor’s appointment and forgot to return library books and here I am counting cents made in Adsense or from Kontera!
- Limit caffeine intake to [ 2 cups a day? ] currently I am on at least 4 cups a day!
- Take a few minutes every day for some quiet time, down time when I am not thinking anything.
- Hang around optimistic people and try to stay away from complainers.
There. I am too tired to think anything else at this time. But please add your stress busting ideas in the comments, and I will post the updated list next week with the provider’s site link next to the item. I hope we can come up with a grand list of good stress busters. Once we have enough ideas, I will post the entire list in another page of its own so its easily accessible. What do you say?
Tags: Stress Busters,, , , ,